Updates in Jewelry Trend Reports for 2020
Chain proportion is more important than ever -
Breathe new life into the humble chain with proportion play, new shapes and surfaces
In line with the ongoing appeal of vintage pieces, thick, reshaped and contrasting links update classic and fashion #chunkychain necklaces
- Enhance the statement aesthetic with molten metals, sophisticated industrial designs and oversized pendants, as seen at Tory Burch
- Use antique gold finishes to tap into the growing interest in heirloom pieces
Why is it key? As earring profiles continue to dominate at retail, traditional waterfall styles evolve in upscaled proportions to add newness and update collections. Designs incorporate cascading metals, beads, crystals, pearls and chains that glisten and sway with movement, adding drama to winter collections. This piece sits within A/W 20/21's Pretty Extravagant story in the Considered Comfort forecast or Tech-tility's embellished Galactic Opulence trend.
- Collar-length designs are key, especially for layered looks, but longer necklaces were also spotted at last year's
- Opt for delicate chains to draw attention to upscaled pendants, which offer many styling possibilities, from the contemporary looks at Jil Sander to playful hearts at Staud
- Versatility through the adjustable design of the lariat
Stay safe & think forward!
ALLISON ROSE ATELIER TEAM